Building Better Bones | Live Course
Hands On Practical Workshop + Convenient eLearning
This comprehensive course includes a live one day workshop, 8.5 hours of online elearning, and a detailed printed course manual documenting all of the course content.
The course will enable you to deliver comprehensive treatment programs for all levels of clients—from active adults with Osteopenia to frail adults with Osteoporosis.
It combines the best of practical instruction during the one day live workshop with the convenience of online elearning completed at your pace in the comfort of your home or office.
When you register for the Building Better Bones Level 1 workshop you receive:
- One day live workshop focussed on exercise instruction, demonstration and coaching.
- Online video lectures of theory and video demonstrations of client applications.
- A comprehensive printed training manual that is delivered to your home or office before the live workshop.
"The combination of theory online and the one day practical was a great way for me to learn how to treat clients with Osteoporosis. With the theory online, I had time to view the videos and read the manual. It was easier to absorb the theory in shorter spans of time than to try to absorb it all in one day. The live workshop day is an effective and practical way to learn the Osteoporosis exercise programs. Thanks for a great course!" - Audrey Mohr, Physiotherapist, Ottawa, Ontario
Successful participants will become part of the MelioGuide delivery network of practitioners providing quality programs to persons with Osteoporosis or Osteopenia.
Treat Clients With Osteoporosis and Low Bone Density
Join the 700 Health Care Professionals across the United States and Canada who have completed the MelioGuide Building Better Bones Level 1 Workshop—Osteoporosis Prevention, Treatment and Management!
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs), Kinesiologists, Occupational Therapists and other Health Care Professionals from a wide range of settings including Long Term Care Facilities, Private Clinics, Home Health Agencies and Hospitals have completed the course.
In fact, we have trained Professionals from major organizations such as Osteoporosis Canada and Genesis Rehab Services.
"The course was exceptional - both for me as someone with Osteoporosis and as a Health Care Professional who treats clients with Osteoporosis." - Alison Krausen, Occupational Therapist, Genesis Rehab Services, Pennsylvania
Why do Health Care Professionals use MelioGuide as their source for training and information for the prevention, treatment and management of osteoporosis?
Proven and Reliable
- Over 700 Health Care Professionals across the United States and Canada have completed the MelioGuide Building Better Bones Level 1 workshop and online course.
- We have trained Physiotherapists (Physical Therapists), Occupational Therapists, PTAs, Kinesiologists, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners from all work settings including long term care, private Physiotherapy clinics, hospitals and other institutions on how to safely prescribe exercise programs for people with osteoporosis.
- Major organizations such as Genesis Rehab and Osteoporosis Canada have sent their Professionals to complete our Level 1 course.
"The MelioGuide Level 1 course is full of practical applications that we are able to use in the clinic in a manner beneficial to patients." - Rosemary Busch, Physiotherapist, Sudbury Physio Centre, Sudbury ON
Practical and Effective
- Developed by a clinician for clinicians. Building Better Bones was developed by Margaret Martin, PT, CSCS - a Physical Therapist with over 25 years experience helping clients achieve their health and fitness goals. Her successful private clinic in Ottawa, Function to Fitness, is built on addressing the treatment needs of clients with osteoporosis and low bone density and helping people be fit past fifty.
- Thousands of clients around the world have used the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program to treat and manage ther osteoporosis.
- Health Care Professionals have used the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program to treat their clients.
"The MelioGuide course and website have both been great resources that I find simplifies my approach to providing safe and appropriate exercises for the variety of patients that I treat. I find myself printing off exercises from the website almost daily – the exercises are well organized on the site and the instructions are clear and succinct and this benefits all of my patients." - Justin Mathew, BSc PT, Registered Physiotherapist, Bronte Physiotherapy, Oakville, Ontario
"I thoroughly enjoyed taking the Melioguide course. It offered a firm foundation in understanding osteoporosis, as well as a practical approach to dealing with patients. It included everything from testing seniors' fitness levels through to exercises for posture, flexibility, balance and strength. If you are looking for a well rounded approach to treating your osteoporosis patients, you should be on this course! Lots of practical ideas that you can take to work on Monday morning." - Colleen MacDonald, Physical Therapist, Misericordia Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta
- Building Better Bones is based on the latest and most up to date research on the effects of exercise on bone health. Research is drawn from a wide range of areas and documented in all our printed material.
"MelioGuide™ is an evidence-based approach to teaching your clients postural, strength, cardio, flexibility, and balance exercises that are tailored to their level of fitness and risk of fracture." - Holly Bonasera, MPT, GCFP, Licensed Physical Therapist, Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, Blair, Nebraska
Need More Information?
Do you want to know more about the live course? Who created it? is it an evidenced based course that uses the latest literature, studies and reviews? What does the manual include?
Good questions! We have prepared a list of items that address most of your questions.
And if you want to talk to us, please feel free to Contact Us!
Take the Next Step in Professional Development
"This course should be a mandatory part of all Physiotherapy training programs." - Karen Ginsburg, Physiotherapist, Community Rehab Therapy, Hamilton, Ontario
Make the professional investment to serve this important and growing health area. Join the hundreds of Health Professionals who have benefited from our training.